‘Can I Use Almond Oil for Baby Massage’? You can use Almond Oil for Baby Massage, yes. Yet, before you change to Almond oil, there are a few things you ought to know about. Besides, I know you want the best for your baby. So, there will be no chances taken when it comes to the baby’s healthcare.
Oils are essential to keep the baby skin moisturized and soft. Soft and tender baby skin is an experience to touch. Besides, we are talking about baby skin here.
Everyone loves babies. Whoever will come visit the baby will want to take the baby on hand just for that amazing baby skin feel. That’s why it is ever more important to monitor the baby skin and not allow it to get dry and rough.
Is Almond Oil Safe for Babies?
Any parent will want to know if Almond oil is safe to use for messaging the baby.
Almond Oil is a rich source of vitamin E. Besides, clinical research from 2020 reveals that it is completely safe to use. Not only, the use of Almond oil on premature help them develop and become strong and thick with no side effects.
There are two types of Almond Oil that you can choose from and the choice is quite obvious. There is sweet Almond Oil and there is the Bitter counterpart.
The sweet Almond Oil is the one for the job because it is edible. Ergo, you will not risk the baby heath in any way by using it. It is safe for the baby to put his hands in his mouth without worries.
How to Massage Your Baby Using Almond Oil
Messaging the baby is a great way helping them improve bone, muscles and skin. Typically, mother’s massage the baby with baby oil after a bath. Often, the massage is given at night to help the baby fall asleep. Giving the full treatment to a baby by massaging is timeless. You can ask your mother. You will know how this is passed on from generation to generations.
It can be a bit difficult if you are having your first baby. You will need some practice before you become pro at it. Here below you can learn how you can use Almond oil and Massage your baby:
- First thing first, take a few drops of oil in your palm.
- Rub your paws and spread the oil over them. Rubbing will also heat up the oil. You can use other ways to heat up the oil; heating it with a pan or placing it in a pan full of wart water.
- Start with the leg, place your hand around one of the thighs and gently pull your hands down to the feet. Repeat this and switch to the other leg after some time. Make sure that you massage the soles as well. The same technique could be used for arms and hands as well.
- Move to the chest. Join your palms together and place your hands over the center of your baby’s chest and then move your palms outwards towards the shoulder.
- Place your hands over the center and massage slowly towards the stomach.
- Turn your baby over and make him lie down on his tummy for massaging the back.
- Place your palms just below the neck and stroke down slowly with one hand and then another one towards the waist following the spine.
- Do upward and outward strokes on the face and around the ears.
- Take a few drops of oil on the scalp and rotate your palms gently on your baby’s head. You don’t need to apply pressure while massaging the head.
Benefits of Almond Oil Massage For Baby
- it is a rich source of vitamin A, B2, B6, D, and E, all of which keep skin problems such as, eczema, soreness and rashes at bay, leaving your baby with soft and smooth skin.
- Almond oil gets absorbed comparatively faster in the baby skin.
- Almond oil has properties that improve blood circulation.
- Sweet Almond oil is edible. Ergo, its non-toxic and perfectly safe for a massage.
- It is a good source of Vitamin E, potassium, omega-3 fatty acid and magnesium, that helps nourishing and strengthening your baby’s hair and prevents hair fall.
- The light texture makes it easy to spread over the skin.
- Almond oil has a pleasant smell.
- Vitamin D, potassium, and calcium makes almond oil a rich source to strengthen your baby’s bones and joints.
- It contains SPF 5 which protects the skin from harmful sun rays.
Precautions for using Almond Oil for massaging the baby
- Do not use in case of nut allergies. The baby or a person can have allergic reactions from it. Just apply a drop of almond oil and wait for 2-3 days. If there’s no sign of reaction, then you can use it regularly.
- Be careful of the expiry date before buying.
- Excess oil may result in skin rashes.
- Ensure that oil does not enter the baby’s eyes, ears, or nose, as it might cause irritation and infection.
Few Last Words
Almond Oil is one of the best oils you can use for massaging your baby because of its wide range of health benefits. You can buy Almond oil from the store or order them online. They are not very rare a delicacy. Small or convenient carriages let you carry them in your pocket or your bag wherever you and the baby goes. So, you know what you want. Go for it.