Its tedious and laboring to boil or use expensive and fancy stuff to warm the baby food every time you need to warm the baby bottle. Besides, Parenting doesn’t need to be a job better fit for robots. Read Brave New World Aldous Huxley. You’ll know. Anyways, Here I’ll tell show you some simple and easy ways how you can heat a baby bottle without having to use Ford’s V10s if you know what I mean.
Importance of Breast Milk
Any Article about baby food is incomplete without the importance of breast milk. So, First thing first, let’s educate ourselves a bit.
Mother’s Milk for newborn is the blessing of God. You can use a pump to collect it and feed the baby with a bottle. But, you don’t need go out for jog before feeding to heat it up. Just kidding, when the baby is fed directly, the milk is as warm as mother’s body temperature.
Breast Milk is rich with natural enzymes and immunizing properties. It propagates the growth of the baby better than anything that is available in the market. According to The American Academy of Pediatrics infants should be exclusively breastfed for about the first 6 months should be continued besides introducing appropriate complementary foods for 1 year or longer. Here are some game changers:
Benefits of Breast Milk instead of Formula
- Decreased risk of allergies and lactose intolerance
- The Milk is sterile
- The Baby gets less nappy rash and thrush
- Less likely to develop allergies
- Fewer stomach upsets and constipation
- Doesn’t develop cavities
- Great for the proper development of baby’s jaw and teeth
- Breastfed infants tend to have higher IQs due to good brain development
In the long term, breastfed babies have a decreased risk of malnutrition, obesity and heart disease compared to methodically fed babies.
Choosing the Right Baby Bottle
Finding the right baby bottle can make much of a difference. You will be keeping the food in it and warm the food in it too. Besides, if you do your homework in time, you can save some time for play. And choosing the right bottle really saves time and effort. Warm milk for the baby and comes from the mother. As a result, both of them have to catch up with the routine. So, here are some of the different types of baby bottles that you should know about before you go shopping.
Types of Baby Bottles:
- Standard bottles
- Angle-neck bottles
- Disposable liner bottles
- Wide-neck bottles
- Vented bottles
Types of Bottle Nipples:
- Traditional Nipples
- Orthodontic Nipples
- Flat-topped Nipples
- Anti-vacuum Nipples
- Multi-flow Nipples
- Disposable Nipples
How to Warm the Baby Bottle without Heaters or Warmers
It’s a rookie mistake to think that you need to boil the baby food. The trick is to think that you are warming up the bottle, not the food. Babies obviously have a particular limit of tolerance for warm food. So, how warm the food need to be is a sensitive issue.
Warning: Do not microwave the baby food. Microwaving the food can cause health hazard. Because, the food is not evenly warm when micro-waved. It creates hot spots in the food that can cause shock or burns for the baby when fed.
- Take a Pan and fill it with tap water. Do not “boil” the warm. Simply “heat” it for 10 to 15 minutes. Leave the bottle on the counter to match ambient temperature before boiling if you are taking it out of the freezer. Take the Baby Bottle in your hand to check how warm it is with your palm.
- Discard leftovers. Bacteria can grow once the baby had had some of the food because then there is saliva in the food. You should not be keeping it for later. So, take no chances. If you must, do it within the hour. Do not reheat or reuse formula. Be skeptical of that stuff.
- Be mindful when opening a pack of new bottle or nipple. They require to be sterilized for the first use only. Clean them with hot soapy water or the dish washer to reuse.
To keep it simple
Newborn babies are precious as are they vulnerable to the new world. The time you spend with them contributes to their happiness. So, cherish to make best of the time and see it do after repetitive chores like heating baby bottles. Know your game and be the best parent you can be. Kudos